Kingsoft Office Suite Free 2012 is an office suite that offers a number of features for creating, viewing and editing personal and business documents. Kingsoft Office Free 2012 includes Kingsoft Writer, Kingsoft Presentation and Kingsoft spreadsheets. These three reliable and versatile programs are perfect for both personal use at home and for professional businesses.
Kingsoft Office 2012 is compatible with all of the latest Microsoft Office file formats. It will easily open, read and write documents created with Microsoft Office (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, etc. and can save as the latest format .docx, .xlsx, .pptx.) as well as a wide variety of other formats. Microsoft Office can also open Kingsoft Office files without having Kingsoft Office installed on the same computer.
Furthermore, it has a built-in PDF converter which allows you to convert all Kingsoft files into PDF files; and an automatic spell check function to proofread your assignments to ensure accuracy; the multiple tabs interface can avoid the hassles caused by having to switch between multiple document windows. The best part is it provides all the functions above in a relatively small install package of only 40 MB. This is just one-tenth the size of Microsoft Office. Kingsoft Office can meet all your office requirements without taking up space on your hard drive and the fact that it is free, and save you having to spend large amounts of money. Thus it can be seen as a free version of Microsoft Office.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed the backup management, solved dictionary crash problem.
- Added a function that can convert Kingsoft Presentation into the Kingsoft Writer format
- Added watermark, amendment and recording revised formats
- Added two direction functions in the "Text direction" dialog box
- Column width units support pounds, inches, centimeters, millimeters, character units
- Added "Pick From Drop-down list" option in the right-click menu