Despite previous reports that LG would not be able to release its Blu-ray HD-DVD Combo Player because the company forgot to include the interactive High Definition (iHD) feature for HD DVDs, the product is ready for ordering on Best Buy's website. Without iHD, the device cannot playback all interactive menus and special features on an HD DVD. Because LG did not respect the HD DVD standard, the company cannot use the HD DVD logo. According to Gizmodo's Brian Lam, the link is working correctly. However, the price tag is a whopping $1,200; more than an HD DVD player and a PS3. Regardless of all the factors hinting that the device won't sell very well, it is reassuring that a hybrid (crippled) player is finally available. At the very least, LG has stomped out a dirt road which the company and competitors can hopefully pave soon.
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- Question about Win32 programs in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- ASUS PB287Q - Does It Cut the 4K Mustard? in Hardware Hangout
- Virgin Media 100Mb Nightmare in Internet, Network & Security
- Wife kills herself over 'Gay' Spouse in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- NASA breakthrough -- the EM Drive actually works! in Science Discussion & News
- Hello :-D in Introduce Yourself
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.