Despite previous reports that LG would not be able to release its Blu-ray HD-DVD Combo Player because the company forgot to include the interactive High Definition (iHD) feature for HD DVDs, the product is ready for ordering on Best Buy's website. Without iHD, the device cannot playback all interactive menus and special features on an HD DVD. Because LG did not respect the HD DVD standard, the company cannot use the HD DVD logo. According to Gizmodo's Brian Lam, the link is working correctly. However, the price tag is a whopping $1,200; more than an HD DVD player and a PS3. Regardless of all the factors hinting that the device won't sell very well, it is reassuring that a hybrid (crippled) player is finally available. At the very least, LG has stomped out a dirt road which the company and competitors can hopefully pave soon.
- Done with Facebook in General Discussion
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-7 ISS Resupply (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- Kraft Foods to merge with ketchup maker Heinz in Real World News
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- cisco - determining what user/device is connected to a port in Internet, Network & Security
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Lifemate P3 - Coming this summer in Software created by our members
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.