Despite previous reports that LG would not be able to release its Blu-ray HD-DVD Combo Player because the company forgot to include the interactive High Definition (iHD) feature for HD DVDs, the product is ready for ordering on Best Buy's website. Without iHD, the device cannot playback all interactive menus and special features on an HD DVD. Because LG did not respect the HD DVD standard, the company cannot use the HD DVD logo. According to Gizmodo's Brian Lam, the link is working correctly. However, the price tag is a whopping $1,200; more than an HD DVD player and a PS3. Regardless of all the factors hinting that the device won't sell very well, it is reassuring that a hybrid (crippled) player is finally available. At the very least, LG has stomped out a dirt road which the company and competitors can hopefully pave soon.
- Mom accused of decapitating baby arraigned on murder charge in Real World News
- Official Abortion Discussion Thread in Real World Issues
- ( newcomer) .htaccess file help in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- PHP - GetDirectories in Web Design / Programming
- They Ran My Little Girl to Death in Real World News
- YouTube 4K video choppy in Chrome in Software Discussion & Support
- Northrop Balks at Agency’s Request To Interview JWST Workers in Science Discussion & News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.