Despite previous reports that LG would not be able to release its Blu-ray HD-DVD Combo Player because the company forgot to include the interactive High Definition (iHD) feature for HD DVDs, the product is ready for ordering on Best Buy's website. Without iHD, the device cannot playback all interactive menus and special features on an HD DVD. Because LG did not respect the HD DVD standard, the company cannot use the HD DVD logo. According to Gizmodo's Brian Lam, the link is working correctly. However, the price tag is a whopping $1,200; more than an HD DVD player and a PS3. Regardless of all the factors hinting that the device won't sell very well, it is reassuring that a hybrid (crippled) player is finally available. At the very least, LG has stomped out a dirt road which the company and competitors can hopefully pave soon.
- HP unveils the Spectre x360, a 13-inch convertible in Front Page News
- The Order 1886 has gone gold in Sony Console
- Happy Birthday Denis! in Site Announcements
- Microsoft Lumia 640 and 640 XL appear ahead of reveal in Front Page News
- HTC One M9 specs and pricing revealed at BestBuy in Front Page News
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Fable Legends may be free to play... in Microsoft Console
- The MMA Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.