Despite previous reports that LG would not be able to release its Blu-ray HD-DVD Combo Player because the company forgot to include the interactive High Definition (iHD) feature for HD DVDs, the product is ready for ordering on Best Buy's website. Without iHD, the device cannot playback all interactive menus and special features on an HD DVD. Because LG did not respect the HD DVD standard, the company cannot use the HD DVD logo. According to Gizmodo's Brian Lam, the link is working correctly. However, the price tag is a whopping $1,200; more than an HD DVD player and a PS3. Regardless of all the factors hinting that the device won't sell very well, it is reassuring that a hybrid (crippled) player is finally available. At the very least, LG has stomped out a dirt road which the company and competitors can hopefully pave soon.
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- What's the difference between these monitors? in Hardware Hangout
- Official Climate Change/Global Warming Thread in Real World Issues
- 3DP Chip 15.03 in Front Page News
- Psexec prob with XP in Internet, Network & Security
- What are you listening to? (2015 Edition) in Wall of Sound
- Spotify app launches on PS3 & PS4, exclusive to PlayStation for "foreseeable future" in Sony Console
- Russia announces plan to build new space station with NASA in Science Discussion & News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.