Despite previous reports that LG would not be able to release its Blu-ray HD-DVD Combo Player because the company forgot to include the interactive High Definition (iHD) feature for HD DVDs, the product is ready for ordering on Best Buy's website. Without iHD, the device cannot playback all interactive menus and special features on an HD DVD. Because LG did not respect the HD DVD standard, the company cannot use the HD DVD logo. According to Gizmodo's Brian Lam, the link is working correctly. However, the price tag is a whopping $1,200; more than an HD DVD player and a PS3. Regardless of all the factors hinting that the device won't sell very well, it is reassuring that a hybrid (crippled) player is finally available. At the very least, LG has stomped out a dirt road which the company and competitors can hopefully pave soon.
- Steven Sotloff: Islamic State 'kills US hostage' in Real World Issues
- Massive Epic Celebrity Nude Leak in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Neowin's Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- Opera Mini coming to Windows Phone, beta sign-up now available in Front Page News
- Google Web Designer 1.1.2.0814 Beta in Front Page News
- Microsoft Next-Generation Secure Computing Base Documentation in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Bought a 4K Monitor! in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.