Despite previous reports that LG would not be able to release its Blu-ray HD-DVD Combo Player because the company forgot to include the interactive High Definition (iHD) feature for HD DVDs, the product is ready for ordering on Best Buy's website. Without iHD, the device cannot playback all interactive menus and special features on an HD DVD. Because LG did not respect the HD DVD standard, the company cannot use the HD DVD logo. According to Gizmodo's Brian Lam, the link is working correctly. However, the price tag is a whopping $1,200; more than an HD DVD player and a PS3. Regardless of all the factors hinting that the device won't sell very well, it is reassuring that a hybrid (crippled) player is finally available. At the very least, LG has stomped out a dirt road which the company and competitors can hopefully pave soon.
- Windows 10 for Phone good direction? in Windows Phone
- Girl, 6, rats out father to police in Real World News
- Done with Facebook in General Discussion
- What does everyone think of the new Microsoft Edge? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Best paid windows store media player app in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- Some users are experiencing issues activating the latest builds of Windows 10 in Front Page News
- Extending WiFi signal in Internet, Network & Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.