Despite previous reports that LG would not be able to release its Blu-ray HD-DVD Combo Player because the company forgot to include the interactive High Definition (iHD) feature for HD DVDs, the product is ready for ordering on Best Buy's website. Without iHD, the device cannot playback all interactive menus and special features on an HD DVD. Because LG did not respect the HD DVD standard, the company cannot use the HD DVD logo. According to Gizmodo's Brian Lam, the link is working correctly. However, the price tag is a whopping $1,200; more than an HD DVD player and a PS3. Regardless of all the factors hinting that the device won't sell very well, it is reassuring that a hybrid (crippled) player is finally available. At the very least, LG has stomped out a dirt road which the company and competitors can hopefully pave soon.
- Are you stealing content if you have an ad blocker? in General Discussion
- css menu creator in Web Design / Programming
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Isla Vista rampage victims remembered in Real World News
- How much would you pay for the "Surface Mini" ? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Is Windows 10 faster or more optimized than 8? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.