We knew this day would eventually come, but somehow we're still misting up a little -- Linux has been ported to the iPhone and iPod touch. Dev Team member planetbeing is the mastermind in charge of bringing everyone's favorite open-source OS to Apple's handhelds, and while it's a little rough around the edges (read: no touchscreen drivers, sound, or WiFi / cell radio support), it's definitely the first step on the road to hacking nirvana. The team is hard at work, and it even sounds like they're thinking about porting Android in the near future (!), so hit the read link to try it out and lend a hand if you can -- or just head on past the break for a quick vid of the port in all its text-scrolling glory.
- Ars Technica Hands-On With PS Now on Samsung Smart TV in Sony Console
- Aetna buys Humana for $37B in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- New PS4 model (CUH-1200) announced in Sony Console
- Official: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Real World Issues
- Microsoft is giving away a year of EA Access with the Xbox One in the UK in Front Page News
- fixing a broken debian? in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- France to force big supermarkets to give unsold food to charities in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.