We knew this day would eventually come, but somehow we're still misting up a little -- Linux has been ported to the iPhone and iPod touch. Dev Team member planetbeing is the mastermind in charge of bringing everyone's favorite open-source OS to Apple's handhelds, and while it's a little rough around the edges (read: no touchscreen drivers, sound, or WiFi / cell radio support), it's definitely the first step on the road to hacking nirvana. The team is hard at work, and it even sounds like they're thinking about porting Android in the near future (!), so hit the read link to try it out and lend a hand if you can -- or just head on past the break for a quick vid of the port in all its text-scrolling glory.
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- It’s about time: Google vows to fix the worst thing about its Chrome browser in Back Page News
- Samsung Silent On Disastrous Galaxy S6 Sales in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Pentagon plans long-range missile defense radar in Alaska in Science Discussion & News
- Complete Switch to *NIX and Linux: May 17, 2015 in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- SourceForge grabs GIMP for Windows’ account, wraps installer in bundle-pushing adware in Back Page News
- White Cop Acquitted of Killing 2 Unarmed Black People in Real World News
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.