We knew this day would eventually come, but somehow we're still misting up a little -- Linux has been ported to the iPhone and iPod touch. Dev Team member planetbeing is the mastermind in charge of bringing everyone's favorite open-source OS to Apple's handhelds, and while it's a little rough around the edges (read: no touchscreen drivers, sound, or WiFi / cell radio support), it's definitely the first step on the road to hacking nirvana. The team is hard at work, and it even sounds like they're thinking about porting Android in the near future (!), so hit the read link to try it out and lend a hand if you can -- or just head on past the break for a quick vid of the port in all its text-scrolling glory.
- Dns server issues in Internet, Network & Security
- WATCH: Woman drags smartphone-addicted boyfriend into subway train in General Discussion
- Speed Test and test your connection speed! in Internet, Network & Security
- uTorrent 220.127.116.11394 in Front Page News
- Questions about cold approaching girls.... in General Discussion
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Where to buy a gaming computer with good deals in Hardware Hangout
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.