We knew this day would eventually come, but somehow we're still misting up a little -- Linux has been ported to the iPhone and iPod touch. Dev Team member planetbeing is the mastermind in charge of bringing everyone's favorite open-source OS to Apple's handhelds, and while it's a little rough around the edges (read: no touchscreen drivers, sound, or WiFi / cell radio support), it's definitely the first step on the road to hacking nirvana. The team is hard at work, and it even sounds like they're thinking about porting Android in the near future (!), so hit the read link to try it out and lend a hand if you can -- or just head on past the break for a quick vid of the port in all its text-scrolling glory.
- SGS6 vs. HTC One M9 in Android
- European Outlets in General Discussion
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- What are you playing? in Gamers' Hangout
- US to launch blitz of gas exports, eyes global energy dominance in Real World Issues
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- Air Jordan 11 Retro Overrated? in General Discussion
- Revenge Served Lukewarm: Cheating Boyfriend Gets All Dozen Of His Apple Products Thrown In Bathtub in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.