We knew this day would eventually come, but somehow we're still misting up a little -- Linux has been ported to the iPhone and iPod touch. Dev Team member planetbeing is the mastermind in charge of bringing everyone's favorite open-source OS to Apple's handhelds, and while it's a little rough around the edges (read: no touchscreen drivers, sound, or WiFi / cell radio support), it's definitely the first step on the road to hacking nirvana. The team is hard at work, and it even sounds like they're thinking about porting Android in the near future (!), so hit the read link to try it out and lend a hand if you can -- or just head on past the break for a quick vid of the port in all its text-scrolling glory.
- Does resolution really matter? in Gamers' Hangout
- Formula 1 Silly Season 2015 in The Sporting Arena
- Time Warner Cable 300mbs Internet/RoutersConfiguration in Internet, Network & Security
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 5) in Science Discussion & News
- Lg g2 does it fit in your pocket? in Android
- Skype 18.104.22.168 in Front Page News
- Windows 8.1 Including February Updates ? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- My current build... need reviews and suggestions in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.