MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including an tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML. Note: MediaInfo tries to install sponsored OpenCandy software during installation, make sure to cancel that before continuing.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customise these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalisation: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localisation capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
+ Russian translation updated
+ #3480111, Matroska: parsing of WebM-style frame rate info
+ #3499859, ALAC: parsing of the alac atom, for real bit depth / sample rate
+ #3487601, DV: fields order (TFF/BFF)
+ MPEG-4: more video 4CCs binded to MPEG Video
+ H.263: raw stream parsing (width, height, aspect ratio), comparison with container data
+ Speed improvements
+ MPEG-PS: supporting parsing of some non-conform files
+ Full support of CEA-608 (separation of CC1-CC4, T1-T4)
+ #3494722, MPEG-4: trying to detect wrong duration in track header
+ MPEG-4 with embedded MXF track (XDCAM...): separation of video bitrate and padding bitrate
+ Compound streams (e.g. DV): separation of video bitrate and audio bitrate
+ Blu-ray: LPCM mono real bit rate is separated from the encoded (stereo) bit rate
+ Support of https, sftp scp protocols (custom builds only)
+ AVI: vprp (OpenDML) display aspect ratio support
x File names with non-US characters were sometimes not open
x #3480111, Matroska: some frame rates are incorrect in the file, trying to detect this kind of malformed file
x #3479494, AVC: segmentation fault
x #3440638, AAC: wrong detection for some malformed AAC streams
x #3440638, MPEG-4: wrong analysis of some files having track header after media information
x #3480111, MXF: Height was wrong for MXF with FrameLayout = Mixed fields
x #3468235, Blu-ray: displaying PGS in all cases (even if PES is not detected, they are too much rare)
x #3498846, MPEG-4: delay between audio and video was no more detected
x #3495573, MPEG-4: crash with some files having fragments
x MPEG-4: channel position in case of channel atom is configured with ChannelBitmap
x MPEG-TS: crash with some buggy files (a PID indicated as PSI and PES at the same time)
x AES3: not detecting Dolby E stream if there is guard band before the Dolby E frame, in MPEG-TS
x DPX: some files with some invalid fields were not detected
x DTVCC Captions: crash with some buggy streams