Amazon.com and Microsoft have announced the 1,000 HD DVD Indies Project: an effort to make it easier for independent filmmakers to produce and distribute movies in high-definition. Amazon's CustomFlix unit plans to bring as many as 1,000 feature-length indie films to Amazon customers using its CustomFlix DVD On Demand technology. The technology allows for the production and shipment of DVDs as soon as they are ordered online, cutting down costly inventory requirements, Amazon said. The DVDs will be formatted in Microsoft's VC-1 video codec format.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- ULA wants the public to name its next rocket in Science Discussion & News
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection: March 2015 in Sony Console
- Phil Harrison to leave Microsoft in Microsoft Console
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Quebec resident Alain Philippon to fight charge for not giving up phone password at airport in Back Page News
- EA Shuts Down SimCity Developer Maxis in Gamers' Hangout
- Meet Hulk, the 175-Pound Family Pit Bull in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.