Amazon.com and Microsoft have announced the 1,000 HD DVD Indies Project: an effort to make it easier for independent filmmakers to produce and distribute movies in high-definition. Amazon's CustomFlix unit plans to bring as many as 1,000 feature-length indie films to Amazon customers using its CustomFlix DVD On Demand technology. The technology allows for the production and shipment of DVDs as soon as they are ordered online, cutting down costly inventory requirements, Amazon said. The DVDs will be formatted in Microsoft's VC-1 video codec format.
- Windows XP nostalgia in General Discussion
- Is the US national "debt" an illusion? in It's a Conspiracy!
- Windows 95 commercial in General Discussion
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Advice on faulty video card? in Hardware Hangout
- Neowin.net Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- "Surface 3" will have Intel Atom Cherry Trail and 4G LTE in Back Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.