Amazon.com and Microsoft have announced the 1,000 HD DVD Indies Project: an effort to make it easier for independent filmmakers to produce and distribute movies in high-definition. Amazon's CustomFlix unit plans to bring as many as 1,000 feature-length indie films to Amazon customers using its CustomFlix DVD On Demand technology. The technology allows for the production and shipment of DVDs as soon as they are ordered online, cutting down costly inventory requirements, Amazon said. The DVDs will be formatted in Microsoft's VC-1 video codec format.
- FBI produces 'news' radio program... in Domestic Politics
- Bought a 4K Monitor! in Hardware Hangout
- Where Are All the Hacked Pics of Men? in Real World Issues
- Iranian cleric issues fatwa against 3G and high-speed Internet in Front Page News
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- [Official] Show off your body art in General Discussion
- Google Chrome 37.0.2062.103 in Front Page News
- Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.