Thanks to the simultaneous release of Windows Vista and Office 2007, Microsoft Corporation has managed a 65% profit increase in its fiscal third-quarter. The world's biggest software maker said it earned a record-high $4.93 billion, or 50 cents a share, in the period ended March 31, compared to $2.98 billion, or 29 cents a share, during the period a year earlier. Meanwhile, revenue rose to $14.4 billion from $10.9 billion. Because of the software releases, analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial projected Microsoft's monetary numbers to be particularly high. They underestimated, however, as they expected Microsoft to earn 46 cents a share, on revenue of $13.89 billion.
- Microsoft says it could be "weeks" before you get your Windows 10 upgrade notification in front page news
- Windows 10 is installed on 18.5 million machines in front page news
- I've upgraded 7 machines to Windows 10. How many have you? in microsoft windows discussion support
- Discuss: What do you think of Windows 10 so far? in front page news
- The MMA Thread! in the sporting arena
- Palemoon bans Adblock Plus in web browser discussion support
- International Space Station (Updates) in science discussion news
- You can now get 10% off the Surface 3 and the latest Surface Type Covers in the UK in front page news
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.