Thanks to the simultaneous release of Windows Vista and Office 2007, Microsoft Corporation has managed a 65% profit increase in its fiscal third-quarter. The world's biggest software maker said it earned a record-high $4.93 billion, or 50 cents a share, in the period ended March 31, compared to $2.98 billion, or 29 cents a share, during the period a year earlier. Meanwhile, revenue rose to $14.4 billion from $10.9 billion. Because of the software releases, analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial projected Microsoft's monetary numbers to be particularly high. They underestimated, however, as they expected Microsoft to earn 46 cents a share, on revenue of $13.89 billion.
- What are you listening to? (2015 Edition) in Wall of Sound
- Windows 10 for phones build 12544 spotted, shows off new Word Universal app in Front Page News
- Pray vs Doctor to save your life in Poll Station
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- [Books] Any Adult Books Like Hunger Games, Battle Royale? in The Hobby Corner
- Do you care about saving the human race? in Poll Station
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.