Last month, Cesar Menendez announced on his Zune Insider blog that the Zune 1.3 firmware update would be released on March 20, today. On the most recent blog entry, also marked March 20, there is no firmware update release. Instead of a download link, Mr. Menendez contacted Zune's release manager who replied: "I can't comment on the exact date just yet, but it will be soon, as it's in the final testing and processes to get released." Not only should you try to stick to the date you tell your customers about, but if you can't make the date, you should tell them beforehand, not on the day of. To make matters worse, the firmware update isn't all about new features. It is expected to fix problems users are having with purchased Zune Marketplace songs "skipping" at the start. There is no excuse for the Zune not correctly playing music from the Zune Marketplace. Especially if the product has been available for a few months now.
- Falcon 9: ABS-SatMex (dual Boeing commsats) in Science Discussion & News
- How is this build? in Hardware Hangout
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 5) in Science Discussion & News
- Yet another gaming/encoding build in Hardware Hangout
- Girl, 18, hit with manslaughter charge over friend's suicide in Real World News
- My current build... need reviews and suggestions in Hardware Hangout
- Falcon 9: TurkmenSat 1 (commsat) in Science Discussion & News
- LAPD Officers Shoot Man Five Times in Broad Daylight in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.