In 1991, when Microsoft was still a fairly small company and many businesses were scaling back their research efforts, Microsoft made a strong commitment to basic research in computer science by establishing the first research lab by a software company. It recognized that the age of the microprocessor had only just begun and that improvements in silicon, storage, and communications technology combined with the right software would continue to dramatically transform every aspect of our lives. Over the past ten years the lab has grown substantially and has contributed to almost every major product at Microsoft. We now have over 600 researchers working on a wide range of projects: artificial intelligence, multimedia, quantum computing, operating systems, programming languages and tools, signal processing, speech recognition, image processing, user interfaces, and more.
- Halo: MCC players to get free month XBL Gold, ODST Campaign, H2:A content in Microsoft Console
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Sony now Calls the PS Vita a “Legacy Platform” Outside of Japan / Asia in Sony Console
- Does Facebook Turn People Into Narcissists ? in General Discussion
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- Xbox Games with Gold: June 2015 in Microsoft Console
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Partition Master Pro Full Version 24 Hours Giveaway in Software Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.