For quite some time now we've been covering a lot of the Zune HD rumors that everyone is so keen on reporting. Some have been fake, some have been factual. One thing for sure though, with all this talk we've been asked when is this device actually going to ship?
A source close to Microsoft, who wishes to remain anonymous, has confirmed that the Zune HD will be released in September. We weren't told an exact date, just that it will be shipping in September. As we mentioned back in April, the Zune HD is going to launch internationally this time around.
Microsoft has partnered with Amazon to make the launch happen, so we assume that when the device is ready for shipping from Amazon.com that it will be available in the countries we mentioned in April.
If you missed our coverage of the Zune HD, here's a recap below:
An overview of the Zune HD specs:
- 3.6 inchish OLED full touch screen.
- NVIDIA Tegra powered.
- 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
- HDMI Connection to stream straight to your TV.
- HD Radio.
- Web Browser.
- WiFi compatible, with wireless marketplace.
- Released, early fall.
- International release of the Zune device itself.
- Home AV packs, Car packs, Charge packs.
Unconfirmed rumors (A Microsoft spokesperson declined to comment or confirm):
- Company insiders tipped us off with the possibility of a limited edition dock accessory in various colors.
- 3D Xbox Game Support?
- Windows Mobile 7 preview bits included? (Maybe these reports mean an early WinMo 7 beta?)
Kudos to Paul Thurrott for the heads up.