mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
mIRC 7.36 has been released! (August 14th 2014).
This is a small update that addresses a number of issues reported by users since the last release. It includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features, including:
- Fixed slow mark/copy text in windows that contain long lines.
- Fixed listbox lines in Options dialog and other windows being chopped when DPI settings are set to a high value.
- Reverted change to alias/identifiers that caused a script to be halted with a recursion error warning.
- Fixed listbox with checkboxes bug that caused checkboxes to be checked if you scrolled through them with the up/down keys.
- Changed channel folder dialog so that it can now be resized.
- Changed online timer dialog to display information more clearly.
- Fixed Shift+Tab beeping when switching to listbox in channel window.
- Fixed $fullscreen not working on a non-primary monitor.
- Updated the find/replace dialogs in the script editor to remember their positions for the current mIRC session.
- Updated mIRC to include OpenSSL support without needing external DLLS.
- Fixed lock dialog bug that caused mIRC to ask for a password if the on startup option was enabled without setting a password.
- Fixed $input() 'b' switch so that the dialog window close button is also temporarily disabled.
- Fixed isignore only accepting types, now also accepts switches.
- Fixed CAP server-time time value not being used when timestamping an event in the log file.
- Other changes and bug fixes.