Electronic Arts has finally released the playable demo for the PC version of Need for Speed Carbon, the next game in the long running Need for Speed franchise that will be released to retail on November 1st. The demo clocks in at a medium sized 650 megs and offers playtime on a circuit and drift track which if you win in both will unlock the Canyon Duel against Kenji. You can choose from 3 cars, and you will have access to the much talked about autosculpting feature which will allow you to morph your car into pretty much whatever you want.
Here are some of the features EA is touting for the full game:
- Survive the Canyon: Leave the streets to battle rival bosses in the canyons outside the urban center. All-new Canyon Duel and Drift race modes are the ultimate test of skill and nerve, where one wrong turn could cost you more than the race.
- The City Is Yours for the Taking: Race for control of the city block-by-block by taking down rival crews on their turf, then defeat their crew leaders in life-or-death races in Carbon Canyon.
- Customize Your Dream Car: The revolutionary new Autosculpt car customization tool gives you the power to design and morph your car in every way imaginable.
- Represent a Class: Affiliate with the Tuner, American Muscle, or Exotic car classes and prove once and for all who makes the best set of wheels. A new physics model makes each car handle and drive differently.
- Build Your Crew: Strategically choose your crew members and use their skills on the road and in your garage to help you win races and customize your cars. Designate any member of your crew as a wingman and trigger his special skill to knock out your rivals.
- Over 50 Real-World Licensed Cars: Every car is tuneable so you can customize their look and performance to suit your crew.
I have not installed the demo yet, but I do look forward to playing it as I do enjoy the NFS games still. Though I found the PC version of Most Wanted to be lacking something from the previous games in the series. Now where is my damned sequel to Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed?!