Officials from Nintendo have confirmed plans to release original downloadable content on the Wii, with an announcement today at a private Nintendo developer conference. The company describes WiiWare as a "game-creation service" that will allow developers of all sizes to create downloadable games content for sale by Nintendo through the Wii Shop Channel. Currently over one hundred retro tiles are available for download via the Wii's virtual console, with games paid for via redeemable Wii Points. Other content has so far been restricted to new interactive channels, all of which have been free (although the Internet Channel – featuring a re-purposed Opera Web browser - will incur a charge of 500 Wii Points ($5) from the beginning of July).
- CPU-Z multiplier in Hardware Hangout
- Laptop takes too long to POST. in Hardware Hangout
- Supreme Court Rules All States Must License And Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- Official: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Real World Issues
- Interference, Maybe? in Hardware Hangout
- What features Win10 is missing? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Pecking Disorder: Social Justice Warriors Gone Wild in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.