Officials from Nintendo have confirmed plans to release original downloadable content on the Wii, with an announcement today at a private Nintendo developer conference. The company describes WiiWare as a "game-creation service" that will allow developers of all sizes to create downloadable games content for sale by Nintendo through the Wii Shop Channel. Currently over one hundred retro tiles are available for download via the Wii's virtual console, with games paid for via redeemable Wii Points. Other content has so far been restricted to new interactive channels, all of which have been free (although the Internet Channel – featuring a re-purposed Opera Web browser - will incur a charge of 500 Wii Points ($5) from the beginning of July).
- Long term truce announced between Palestine and Israel in Real World Issues
- Call of Duty Ghosts - Extinction in Gamers' Hangout
- Israel caught using Palestinian teen as human shield. in Real World Issues
- Tax policy: Burger King in Talks to Buy Canadian Chain Tim Hortons in Domestic Politics
- My concept for the Neowin with Flat design in General Discussion
- Apple's iOS ads are about to take over your whole screen in Back Page News
- install a root CA on to iOS? in Internet, Network & Security
- Legend Of Zelda DLC Coming To Mario Kart 8 in Nintendo Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.