Officials from Nintendo have confirmed plans to release original downloadable content on the Wii, with an announcement today at a private Nintendo developer conference. The company describes WiiWare as a "game-creation service" that will allow developers of all sizes to create downloadable games content for sale by Nintendo through the Wii Shop Channel. Currently over one hundred retro tiles are available for download via the Wii's virtual console, with games paid for via redeemable Wii Points. Other content has so far been restricted to new interactive channels, all of which have been free (although the Internet Channel – featuring a re-purposed Opera Web browser - will incur a charge of 500 Wii Points ($5) from the beginning of July).
- Windows Icon Changes in OS Customization, Tips and Tweaks
- Nokia currently has 'no plans' to return to the smartphone business in Front Page News
- Hello :-D in Introduce Yourself
- App Store opens on Home Page in Site & Forum Issues
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- PSA for those interested in Android TV (Nexus Player etc) in Android
- Virgin Media 100Mb Nightmare in Internet, Network & Security
- ASUS X99 Deluxe U3.1 Issues in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.