Officials from Nintendo have confirmed plans to release original downloadable content on the Wii, with an announcement today at a private Nintendo developer conference. The company describes WiiWare as a "game-creation service" that will allow developers of all sizes to create downloadable games content for sale by Nintendo through the Wii Shop Channel. Currently over one hundred retro tiles are available for download via the Wii's virtual console, with games paid for via redeemable Wii Points. Other content has so far been restricted to new interactive channels, all of which have been free (although the Internet Channel – featuring a re-purposed Opera Web browser - will incur a charge of 500 Wii Points ($5) from the beginning of July).
- Not displaying comments in Site & Forum Issues
- Windows XP nostalgia in General Discussion
- Official Abortion Discussion Thread in Real World Issues
- Don't be racist ... be like Mario! in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- Super Mario 64 – First Level Recreated in Unity Engine, Playable in Your Browser in Nintendo Console
- Windows 10: Fast or Faster? Thread in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.