This one flew a bit below the radar last week, but it appears that there will now be no DirectX 10 update for Gas Powered Games' PC RTS Supreme Commander. Why not? According to an official post on GPG's site, it's a timing thing: "The opportunity to integrate DX10 came along very late in the development process for Supreme Commander..."Despite the best efforts of our own team and our partners from Microsoft and Nvidia, the timing simply did not line up. The availability of DX10 hardware, final releases of Vista itself, and the solid drivers simply did not line up with the necessary time frames in our development cycle..."The bottom line: Directx 10 support will not be patched into Supreme Commander or its expansion packs.
- FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges in Back Page News
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Generic Salary Question in General Discussion
- I'm Finally Ditching Windows Phone for Android in Android
- App Recommendations in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- 10 Things that Make You Look Like a Massive Idiot while Driving in The Neobahn
- The Ultimate Popcorn Machine in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Nebraska abolishes death penalty after veto-override in Domestic Politics
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.