This one flew a bit below the radar last week, but it appears that there will now be no DirectX 10 update for Gas Powered Games' PC RTS Supreme Commander. Why not? According to an official post on GPG's site, it's a timing thing: "The opportunity to integrate DX10 came along very late in the development process for Supreme Commander..."Despite the best efforts of our own team and our partners from Microsoft and Nvidia, the timing simply did not line up. The availability of DX10 hardware, final releases of Vista itself, and the solid drivers simply did not line up with the necessary time frames in our development cycle..."The bottom line: Directx 10 support will not be patched into Supreme Commander or its expansion packs.
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Neowin.net Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- What's the name of your Wi-fi? in Internet, Network & Security
- Mortal Kombat X: Goro is back! (trailer) in Gamers' Hangout
- Evolution GUI Arch installer in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- 7 Days: A week of the Apple Watch, Nexus woes, a pissing Android and an Elephone WinDroid in Front Page News
- Official Climate Change/Global Warming Thread in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.