This one flew a bit below the radar last week, but it appears that there will now be no DirectX 10 update for Gas Powered Games' PC RTS Supreme Commander. Why not? According to an official post on GPG's site, it's a timing thing: "The opportunity to integrate DX10 came along very late in the development process for Supreme Commander..."Despite the best efforts of our own team and our partners from Microsoft and Nvidia, the timing simply did not line up. The availability of DX10 hardware, final releases of Vista itself, and the solid drivers simply did not line up with the necessary time frames in our development cycle..."The bottom line: Directx 10 support will not be patched into Supreme Commander or its expansion packs.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- 3dmark API Performance Test in Computer Gaming
- Why have they split Control Panel and Settings? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Northrop Balks at Agency’s Request To Interview JWST Workers in Science Discussion & News
- Will Intel 4600 graphics drive a 27 inch 2650x1440 Display? in Hardware Hangout
- Chromium will support MS pointer events in Back Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.