This one flew a bit below the radar last week, but it appears that there will now be no DirectX 10 update for Gas Powered Games' PC RTS Supreme Commander. Why not? According to an official post on GPG's site, it's a timing thing: "The opportunity to integrate DX10 came along very late in the development process for Supreme Commander..."Despite the best efforts of our own team and our partners from Microsoft and Nvidia, the timing simply did not line up. The availability of DX10 hardware, final releases of Vista itself, and the solid drivers simply did not line up with the necessary time frames in our development cycle..."The bottom line: Directx 10 support will not be patched into Supreme Commander or its expansion packs.
- Which Nikon DSLR (<£500) do you recommend? in Digital Camera Lab
- Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day in Microsoft Beta
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Massive Epic Celebrity Nude Leak in Real World News
- The Oatmeal: Why haven't you had kids yet? in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- My next smartphone will run… in Poll Station
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015 in Gamers' Hangout
- Windows 8 gains market share as XP drops slightly in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.