According to the developer this is the last release before End of World so grab it fast while you still can. Notepad++ can be a great addition to your survival kit for December, 21.
Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in this version:
- Fix find "\r\n" bug in RegExpr mode.
- Change "Delete file" command to "Move to Recycle Bin".
- Add Remove empty lines feature.
- Change document default value from ANSI to UTF8 w/o BOM.
- Enable Word-completion under CJK environment for unicode document.