Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in Notepad++ 6.4.5:
- Fix a regression on recent files history.
What's new in Notepad++ 6.4.4:
- Fix a crash issue while there's missing tag in functionList.xml.
- Fix UTF-8 (w/o BOM) detection bug.
- Fix line numbers space problem while folding.
- Fix opening file in Notepad++ makes Aero-snapped cancelled.
- Change behaviour: statusbar reports the number of selected characters instead of number of bytes now.
- Add "close all tab to left" and "close all tab to right" features.
- Add direct access to the tab feature (Ctrl + NumPad).
- Fix macro replaying crash issue.
- Add insert blank line above/below the current line feature(Ctrl+Alt+Enter/Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Enter respectively).
- Add selection between matching braces feature.
- Fix opening file problem from the network drive.
- Fix C++ class (*.h) parsing problem in function list while there is comment on the beginning of document.
- Enhance function list's C/C++ parser.