Microsoft has announced today that they are releasing a major new version of OneNote for the iPhone, presumably to bring it into line with the features that Windows Phone 7 offers.
In a post on the OneNote blog, Microsoft said that they were making available OneNote Mobile 1.2 for iPhone, which not only includes new features, but makes the app available in five new markets worldwide. The new markets are Canada, the United Kingdon, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
The new features are ones users have been asking for since the launch of the app:
- Search — retrieve important information quickly within text in your notebooks, sections, and pages.
- Pin recent notes — keep your favorite notes at the top of the Recently Viewed list.
- Sync shared notebooks — sync notebooks that others have shared with you on Windows Live SkyDrive.
- Choose which notebooks sync to your phone — save bandwidth by excluding less important notebooks.
- Set the image size for photos — choose between faster syncing or higher quality images.
The color scheme on the application has also been overhauled to give a lighter look than previously. Interestingly, Microsoft says that "the OneNote team reads all comments and reviews that you post about the app in the iTunes App Store and also actively monitors the OneNote forum on the Microsoft Answers website, which is the official Support forum for all versions of Microsoft OneNote (including OneNote Mobile)."
To download OneNote for iPhone now, click one of the below links.
According to the post, OneNote will only be free for a limited time, so get it while its hot!