Ouya, the Kickstarter funded Android game console has released an OTA update. The new update titled, Chupacabra, will bring numerous UI improvements along with support for audio passthrough for XBMC. After updating to Chupacabra and installing the latest version of XBMC, users will than have access to the newly added XBMC audio passthrough support for AC3, DTS, and AAC.
In addition to the passthrough update, UI improvements have been made to create a seamless and more intuitive user experience. Some of the improvements include:
- Redesigned the Details page to provide a cleaner new look and feel.
- Reorganized PLAY to make it easier to find games.
- Added Developer-specific Details pages (and support for other generic Details pages).
- Genre sections are now updated to have multiple rows.
- Added a simple “download manager”.
Lastly, the update will have new options for external media devices. The Ouya will now allow for easier pairing for Bluetooth media remotes and the option of keeping controllers powered on while certain media programs are in use. The Ouya Chupacabra update is available for download now. For a complete listing of all the changes, check out the Ouya Chupacabra update page.
Source: Ouya | Image via Ouya