Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
Version 12.1 is a minor update but introducing some new features.
Most important changes:
Fix for Flash 11.3 crashing the plugin container or browser upon shutdown.
Note: Flash 11.3 introduces "protected mode", an internal plugin sandbox, that can still cause other issues, e.g. for full-screen video playback. Please check the relevant forum post for more information, workarounds and advice if you experience issues.
- Fix for double entries for "recent tags" and "recently bookmarked" in the bookmarks menu on a new profile.