Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
Pale Moon 15.4.1 is a bugfix release:
- Updated the C runtime library included to a later version for security/stability purposes.
- Updated the Windows SDK version to 8.0 for better Windows 8 compatibility and slight overall improvements.
- Implemented a fix to prevent unwanted automatic opening of the plugin check window on startup on some systems.
- Corrected the milestone marker from 15.4pre to 15.4.
In addition, this version was built on a fresh build environment to prevent possible code pollution and improve profiling efficiency.