Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
A minor update to address a few issues with the initial major release:
- Fix for bookmarks giving an "XML parsing error" when set to "load in the sidebar"
- Fix for a double padlock display if a secure site would not supply a favicon
- Redone the mixed content https padlock image in 32bpp to prevent potential UI rendering issues
- Fixed a setting so no unnecessary code walking is done for the otherwise disabled accessibility features
- Fix (inherent) for add-ons and themes being marked as incompatible in Pale Moon x64 when they have a minimum version of 19.0