First Amazon MP3 became the first (and currently only) retailer to offer customers DRM-free MP3s from all four major music labels, and now Amazon.com is launching, with the help of PepsiCo Incorporated, a campaign to promote its iTunes store competitor. Starting on Super Bowl Sunday, Justin Timberlake will kick off a yearlong $1 billion giveaway of MP3s, CDs, videos, consumer electronics and other products from Amazon. It should be noted that Pepsi and Apple had a similar deal in 2004, which consisted of giving away 100 million free iTunes downloads. Amazon will spend more on its "Pepsi Stuff" advertising campaign than on any past marketing effort.
- Best current forum software? in Web Design / Programming
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Cop almost hit my car... then apologizes - amazing ! in General Discussion
- What are you playing? in Gamers' Hangout
- Girl, 18, hit with manslaughter charge over friend's suicide in Real World News
- Violent confrontation between 2 teen girls, police officer caught on video in Real World News
- Dell NVIDIA GeForce 845M 2GB in Hardware Hangout
- How is this build? in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.