PowerArchiver is a fast and easy to use compression utility. PowerArchiver offers an option to use an Explorer-like interface for browsing your hard drive for archives, which also supports shell integration. It supports most popular compressed and encoded formats currently in use.
PowerArchiver enables you to create ISO images, either by ripping the CD/DVD/BD with Disc Grabber, or directly with files from your hard disk. With PowerArchiver’s Virtual Drive feature, you can also mount .ISO images into Windows so they appear like a normal drive and you can browse inside. In addition to creating and mounting .ISO images, you can now burn archives, images and any files directly from PowerArchiver or via Explorer Shell Extensions to a CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc. Once you’re done, you can verify the burned files to make sure everything was burned correctly and without errors.
Read and write support for ZIP, ZIPX, 7-ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, ISO (ISO9660 and UDF - PRO only), BH, XXE, UUE, yENC, and MIME (Base 64). Read and extract support for: RAR (10% faster than WR 4.x), ARJ, ARC, ACE, MSI, NSIS, CHM, DMG, RPM, CPIO, VHD, XAR, LZMA, SquashFS, CramFS, ZOO, WIM plus ISO (ISO9660 and UDF) disc image formats and much much more...
What's new in this version:
This update mainly deals with mandatory changes due to Windows 8 certification as well as some minor fixes and some new features.
Here is the list of changes:
- Windows 8 support – Various smaller changes for official Windows 8 Certification.
- Backup: date options – Enabled date options for file naming as default so users wont by accident overwrite their old backups.
- Backup: tar.gz support – Improved TAR.GZ support in backup.
- Virtual Drive: IMG support – Added support for IMG files in Virtual Drive.
- Drag & Drop: Profiles – Added support for Compression Profiles in Drag and Drop window.
- Preview Window Improvements – Disabled preview window for file selection when renaming files.
- ZIP format – Added support for extracting folders with invalid name in Windows File System (/.example/)