Rainmeter is the best known and most popular desktop customization program for Windows. Enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins; handy, compact applets that float freely on your desktop. Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts.
Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking. Rainmeter is at once an application and a toolkit. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
Rainmeter is open source software for Windows XP/Vista/7 distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU GPL v2 license.
What's new in this version:
The latest version of Rainmeter has many improvements, both for users of the application and for those creating and editing skins.
As always, Rainmeter 2.4 fully supports skins written for earlier versions, and users can simply upgrade existing installations. There is no need to uninstall or change any existing setup to use the new version.
- New Measure and Meter Section Variables functionality.
- Support for custom skin Context Menu items.
- Custom cursors on meters with mouse actions with new MouseActionCursorName option.
- PreserveAspectRatio=2 feature added to support "crop and fill" sizing on Image meters.
- Changed the term "Themes" to "Layouts" throughout Rainmeter.
- !SetOption now supports changing X, Y, Hidden and MeasureName on meters.
In addition, there are dozens of other improvements and fixes in the 2.4 version. See the Version History for a complete list.
Tip - Check out the Rainmeter Skin Gallery.