RealWorld Paint is a lightweight, easy-to-use, freeware image/photo/animation editor. It can be used to create or edit computer images or animations, convert images to animations and back. RealWorld Paint can also be used for photo retouching.
Lean, mean and clean
RealWorld Paint installs or requires NO additional packages on your computer. No .net Framework, no adware, no spyware. It just works and on a wide range of Windows versions. RWPaint can use up to 4 cores of your modern multi-core processor to speed up drawing on a large canvas.
Modify your photographs
- With RealWorld Paint, you can resize, crop or cut out objects from photographs.
- Resize pictures (with correct gamma), convert file formats, draw custom borders or frames.
- Remove blemishes with the Clone tool.
- Crop pictures and remove perspective with the Crop tool.
- Change shapes with the Shapeshifter tool (Liquify in Photoshop's terms).
- RealWorld Paint allows you to create simple animations like flashing buttons or animated forum avatars.
- Add new frames by dragging and dropping images from a file manager or via clipboard.
- Modify each frame as a normal layered image.
- Convert animations to filmstrips and vice versa.
- Built-in GIF optimizer without cryptic settings.
Use layers and styles
- Save time, maintain consistent look and feel, simplify future updates. That's what appropriate use of layer styles does for you.
- Use classic layer styles like bevel, shadow, fill, outline, or glow.
- Design your own layer style by combining any available image filter to achieve effects like automatic symmetry or kaleidoscope drawing.
- Save your favorite layer styles into your own personal style library (with previews). Download pre-made styles.
Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.net compatibility
- You won't have to leave your old projects behind. RealWorld Paint can import and export native image files of other popular image editors. Images are imported or exported with layers.
- Photoshop's .psd files are imported with selected layer styles. Compatible layer styles are converted to RWPaint's native layer styles.
- RealWorld Paint also supports many standard image files like .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif and more.
Give it a try!
…and you will be pleasantly surprised. While the application looks simple, you will discover it goes deeper than an average freeware image editor after using it for a while. It is fast and responsive, capable of working with large images, it supports mouse gestures, can do gamma-aware blending, Photoshop plug-ins, and that’s just the beginning. And best of all: .net framework is NOT needed and the application is easily portable.
What's new in this version:
Animated PNG support
The PNG codec is now able to read and write PNG animations. Animations and pictures are always written using 32-bit color depth. To create animated pngs instead of gifs by default, add the Animated PNG Image to your favorite formats above the GIF Image on the Formats tab of the Application options window.
Paint.net 3.5.10 compatibility
The .PDN format codec is now able to import files saved with version 3.5.10 of Paint.net. Minor bugs were fixed in export to .pdn, .xcf and .psd.