Recuva is a freeware utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Windows Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses! Like all other Piriform products including CCleaner, Recuva is free for both commercial and personal use.
- Simple to use interface - just click 'Scan' and choose the files you want to recover
- Easy to use filter for results based on file name/type
- Simple Windows like interface with List and Tree view
- Can be run from a USB thumb drive
- Restores all types of files, office documents, images, video, music, email, anything.
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems
- Restores files from removable media (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, Digital cameras, Floppy disks, Jaz Disks, Sony Memory Sticks, Compact Flash cards, Smart Media Cards, Secure Digital Cards, etc.)
- Restores files from external ZIP drives , Firewire and USB Hard drives
- It's fast, tiny and takes seconds to run!
- Improved recovery for files larger than 1 GB.
- Faster scrolling when >1 million files in the file list.
- Improved Outlook Express data file recovery.
- Added Recover menu option to the Recycle Bin.
- Added support for mini-SD cards.
- Added VHD drive image creation. (Pro Version)
- exFAT drive labels are now correctly detected.
- Improved support for files with Alternate Data Streams.
- Added support for USB drives mounted as the A: drive.
- Added Indonesian and Serbian Latin languages.
- Minor GUI improvements.