RetroShare is a Open Source cross-platform, private and secure decentralized communication platform. It lets you to securely chat and share files with your friends and family, using a web-of-trust to authenticate peers and OpenSSL to encrypt all communication. RetroShare provides file-sharing, chat, messages, forums and channels.
- Server-less, encrypted Chat & File-transfer
- Multiple simultaneous downloads / uploads
- Search Friends
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- GnuPG Authentication
- OpenSSL Encryption
- Plugins support
- Graphical User Interface written with Qt4 toolkit
- System tray integration
Why use RetroShare:
- You want to chat and share files securely with your friends
- Only your friends will be able to see and download files that you share.
- RetroShare is serverless, which means - unlike other messengers, you don't need to register, complete annoying registration forms and receive tons of ads. Sending a key to your friend by e-mail is enough to set up your own IM network. This also means no IM spam, because people you didn't invite absolutely cannot connect.
- You can also use your favorite nick name either: no need to use cryptic names like "email@example.com" just because someone (whom you don't even know) snapped your favorite nick before you.
- RetroShare is encrypted, meaning high privacy: nobody, including your ISP, can see what files you're sharing.