A Rogers Wireless customers notice e-mail was sent out this week which emphasized that Rogers will be the exclusive carrier of Apple's iPhone in Canada. Rogers is the only carrier in Canada that offers GSM service other than Fido, which Rogers bought two years ago. Fido will, however, not offer the iPhone. The email sent out to customers indicated that dates and pricing have not been determined yet.
Here's a summary of important points from the original Rogers e-mail:
- The iPhone will first be introduced in North America
- Cingular is the only wireless carrier to launch the iPhone in the United States
- Rogers is actively working with Apple to launch the iPhone in Canada as soon as possible and will be the exclusive provider of the iPhone in Canada
- Apple is planning to introduce the iPhone in Europe (Q4 2007) and in Asia (2008 )
- Launch date and pricing for Canada are not yet available