Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- Improved keyboard navigation in Files and Folders View and related dialog boxes.
- Added settings for direct access to password and session management for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- Removed some SBIE2102 pop-up messages regarding large Firefox data files.
- During upgrade, installer will automatically close programs running in the sandbox.
- Color border was sometimes not showing correctly for windows which do not have a standard title bar.
- Fixed a bug which could trigger a system crash (BSOD) under some uncommon conditions, on 64-bit Windows.
- Fixed a bug which could trigger a system crash during system start-up, due to a conflict with other security software, on 32-bit Windows.
- Improved compatibility with reparse points: directory junctions, mounted volumes, and Windows Vista/7 symbolic links.
- Improved compatibility with security software: avast! (Script Shield), NetNanny 6.5.
- Improved compatibility with third-party utilities: EverNote, nVidia nView, Sticky Password (for Internet Explorer 9), Volumouse, WinMount.