The Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) is a free security scanner that identifies vulnerabilities in non-Microsoft (third-party) programs which can expose PCs to attacks.
The Secunia PSI is an invaluable tool for you to use when assessing the security patch state of software installed on your system. It constantly monitors your system for insecure software installations, notifies you when an insecure application is installed, and even provides you with detailed instructions for updating the application when available. The Secunia PSI detects installed software and categorizes your software as either Insecure, End-of-Life, or Up-To-Date. Effectively enabling you to focus your attention on software installations where more secure versions are available from the vendors.
Highlights of The Secunia PSI:
- The Secunia PSI will be available free of charge
- Calculates your unique Secunia System Score
- Automatically scans your computer
- Enables you to update Insecure/End-of-Life software
- Provides Direct Download Links to security updates & patches
- Detects and advises on more than 4,200 applications
- Direct correlation between thousands of Secunia Advisories and your specific system and software
- Secure SSL encrypted connection to Secunia
Big thanks to Warwagon for the 'Secunia vs Patchmypc: Speed test' video!