SIV or 'System Information Viewer' is a general Windows utility for displaying lots of useful Windows, Network and hardware info - CPU info, PCI info, PCMCIA info, USB info SMBus info, SPD info, ACPI methods, Machine info, Hardware Sensors, Networked computers, Operating System Information and more. SIV is designed for Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2012, 2008, 2003, 2000 and NT4. Windows 95, 98 and Me are also supported.
What's new in SIV (System Information Viewer) v4.38:
- Enhanced 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 (Haswell) processor support and resolved issue with Intel® Pentium® 4/D voltage updating.
- Allow for the screen being rotated on the Microsoft Surface Pro and similar systems.
- Enhanced the battery status to, when available, include the Time to Fully Charge the Battery.
- Added OnSemi ADP3228 EPU plus Nuvoton NCT6683D support and resolved SMSC LPC47M192 Fan Speed issue.
- Added ASUS STRIKER II NSE motherboard support and nVidia nForce 790i (10DE:0802) memory timings.
- Added Gigabyte Z77X-UD3, Z87X-OC, F2A55M, F2A75M and F2A85X motherboard support.
- Added support for [SIVDEF.ini] which can be used to provide defaults for configuration parameters that are not already present in the registry. By default SIV will save these defaults to the registry unless -NOSIVREG is selected. Note that when SIV is run from a DVD/CD or Removable Drive (USB Flash Drive) -NOSIVREG is the default.
- Enhanced [SMBus Setup] to support SMBus exclusions for busses other than zero. Currently all none zero SMBuses use the same exclusions.
- Enhanced the [Machine] page to work on systems with a UEFI only BIOS or -NODRIVER mode for Server 2003 SP1, XP-64 SP1, Windows Vista and later systems.
- Added [LDN Information] to display the registers for Super I/O Logical Device Numbers (LDNs).
- Resolved [ACPI Eval] issue on HP DL360p Gen8 systems.
- Added the -DBGINI qualifier and included SIVDBG.bat in the siv.zip to aid resolving start-up issues.
- Resolved start-up issue which existed on some HP DL360 G5 systems.
- Added initial Windows 8.1 support and enabled ACPI evaluation for Build 9385.