Skype is software that enables the world's conversations. Millions of individuals and businesses use Skype to make free video and voice calls, send instant messages and share files with other people on Skype. You can use Skype on whatever works best for you - on your mobile, computer or a TV with Skype on it. If you pay a little, you can do more – like call phones, access WiFi, send SMS and make group video calls. You can pay as you go or buy a subscription, whatever works for you. And in the world of business, this means you can bring your entire ecosystem of workers, partners and customers together to get things done. Try Skype today and start adding your friends, family and colleagues. They won’t be hard to find; hundreds of millions of people are already using Skype to do all sorts of things together. Skype is free to download and easy to use.
What's new in this version:
- Microsoft and Facebook Account Integration - Sign up and sign-in is easier than ever. You can now sign into Skype using your Microsoft or Facebook account - there's no need to create a new Skype account. This makes it even easier to connect with friends on Skype without having to set up another account.
- IM friends on Messenger - Now you can instant message your Windows Live Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts via Skype all in one place. If you use a Microsoft account today, merging your accounts is easy - just sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account.
- Calling with Messenger friends is coming soon - We're working on polishing a feature which will enable audio and video calls to Windows Live Messenger customers using Skype desktop clients. The feature will be available in coming weeks.
Here's more of what's new with Skype 6.0 for Windows Desktop:
- Skype localized to six more languages (Thai, Croatian, Slovenian, Serbian, Catalan and Slovak)
- Visual user interface refresh
- We have refreshed and flattened the Skype UI with a simpler and less cluttered look. We have updated the look of the instant messaging and SMS areas as well.
- Removal of online user count
- We have removed the online user counter at the bottom of your Skype Contacts list to unclutter the UI and make more space for your friends within the contacts list.
- Display previously created profile pictures
- When you change your profile picture, we will now show you all of your previous Skype profile pictures so you don't have to look through old files if you want to use a previous image.
- Improved telemetry
- We are constantly looking for ways to improve the quality of our product. To that end we are adding additional "opt-in" telemetry reports for users who choose this option: "Tools>> Options>>Advanced>>Tick "Help improve Skype..." The reports may contain your Skype ID and or Microsoft Account ID but we will not use it to identify or contact you.
Here's more of what's new with Skype 6.0 for Mac Desktop:
- Open Chats in Multiple Windows
- We hear your feedback! With this release we've added support to open chats in multiple windows.
- Retina Display Support
- We also added another feature you've asked for - support Retina display. Now you can take full advantage of improved usability and of higher resolution screens.
Download: Skype 220.127.116.11 | 19.2 MB (Freeware, MSI Offline installer)
Download: Skype 18.104.22.168 | 27.9 MB (Freeware, EXE Offline installer)
Download: Skype for Mac 22.214.171.12446 | 32.9 MB (Freeware)
Download: Portable Skype | 793 KB
View: Skype Features | Release Notes