SmartFTP allows you to transfer files across the Internet. It features an Explorer-like interface that is fully customizable and supports drag-and-drop functions (see screen shot). Multiple FTP connections can be opened at the same time, and you can copy files from one remote host to another. Remote host directory information is cached for future viewing, FTP URLs are supported, and you can even view HTML pages within the client. SmartFTP also includes an interface for FTP-specific search engines such as FTPSearch and Filez.com. Other features include a Favorites list similar to that of Internet Explorer; the ability to resume broken downloads; a global history; background transfers; proxy support; a passive transfer mode; and the ability to perform recursive downloads, uploads, and deletes.
- What's New
- Add "Single Instance" setting in Menu: Tools->Settings->Display
- New Crash Handler.
- FileZilla Import (Registry and XML)
- Added URL mapping (FTP <-> HTTP) in favorite settings: "General -> URL"
- Fixed regexp in ascii and exclusion filters.
- The queue was always using the -a argument for the LIST command regardless of the global or favorite settings.
- Added the "Remote -> Favorites" sub menu to the queue item context menu (right mouse click)
- A corrupt queue.dat will be silently restored till the point of corruption. A backup of the "corrupt" queue file is made as well.
- Drag&Drop within the listview of the Localbrowser is now possible
- Fixed the "filter" strings in the "File Open" dialogs.
- Fixed a a bug which could crash SmartFTP on all FTP commands with a numeric argument. e.g. REST
- Fixed DELE and MKD problem on VMS
- Rewrote VMS listing decoder
- Fixed RMD and RNFR/RNTO bug on VMS
Download: SmartFTP v1.0 Build 981 RC2
View: Complete change log