SoftPerfect Network Scanner is a free multi-threaded IP, NetBIOS and SNMP scanner with a modern interface and many advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and general users interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP/UDP ports and displays which types of resources are shared on the network (including system and hidden).
In addition, it allows you to mount shared folders as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port and report back if one is open. It can also resolve host names and auto-detect your local and external IP range. It supports remote shutdown and Wake-On-LAN.
- Pings computers and displays those alive.
- Detects hardware MAC-addresses, even across routers.
- Detects hidden shared folders and writable ones.
- Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
- Scans for listening TCP ports, some UDP and SNMP services.
- Retrieves currently logged-on users, configured user accounts, uptime, etc.
- You can mount and explore network resources.
- Can launch external third party applications.
- Exports results to HTML, XML, CSV and TXT
- Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
- Retrieves potentially any information via WMI.
- Retrieves information from remote registry, file system and service manager.
- It is absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware.
What's new in this version:
- Added reading MAC addresses from the ARP cache if sending an ARP request fails.
- Made several dialog boxes suppressible with an option not to show them again.
- Allowed to create batch files without %0 and %1 placeholders.
- Fixed looking up friendly names and NIC vendors when using different MAC address formatting.
- Added duplicate MAC address detection and a unique/non unique filter.
- Added device deletion in the main view and drag-and-drop in the bookmark manager.
Fixed filtering out entries containing the string
when an Empty/NotEmpty filter is used.