SoftPerfect Network Scanner is a free multi-threaded IP, NetBIOS and SNMP scanner with a modern interface and many advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and general users interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP/UDP ports and displays which types of resources are shared on the network (including system and hidden).
In addition, it allows you to mount shared folders as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port and report back if one is open. It can also resolve host names and auto-detect your local and external IP range. It supports remote shutdown and Wake-On-LAN.
- Pings computers and displays those alive.
- Detects hardware MAC-addresses, even across routers.
- Detects hidden shared folders and writable ones.
- Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
- Scans for listening TCP ports, some UDP and SNMP services.
- Retrieves currently logged-on users, configured user accounts, uptime, etc.
- You can mount and explore network resources.
- Can launch external third party applications.
- Exports results to HTML, XML, CSV and TXT
- Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
- Retrieves potentially any information via WMI.
- Retrieves information from remote registry, file system and service manager.
- It is absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware.
What's new in this version:
- SNMP community string and additional target routers made configurable in MAC address lookup.
- Added UDP port 137 NetBios Name Service (NBNS) discovery.
- Added a user warning when launching a command against hidden selection.
- Added nested custom applications (menu items can be grouped and nested).
- Added noncontiguous range interpretation to the /range parameter.
- Added appending bookmarks to the current address range when Ctrl is held.
- Non-ASCII characters in SNMP response string displayed as binary.
- Respect user column order when copying entire line or saving to a file.
- Added /maxcols command line switch.