SoftPerfect WiFi Guard enables you to monitor your wireless network and be alerted when a new, unknown device is connected. The program performs an initial scan during which all devices found are classified as "unknown". You can then go through the list, identify each item and set it as "known" if applicable.
In order for the program to work effectively, all your devices should be classified as "known" before you start monitoring. Any device not classified will cause an alert in subsequent scans.
If you have a lot of devices on your network, you may need to spend some time to make sure that they are indeed all yours (and not your neighbor, using your Wi-Fi). There is also an option to add a comment to each device (e.g. iPod, Notebook), making it easier for you to recognize them in the list.
- Pings computers and other network devices and displays those alive.
- Detects firewalled computers that do not respond to ping.
- Scans your network at a specified interval.
- Immediately alerts you if an unknown device is found.
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware, spyware or malware.