Asustek Computer is said to be bringing a true solid-state disk (SSD) drive to its Eee PC lineup as the company will use an SSD that supports a serial ATA interface and SLC NAND, according to industry sources. JMicron Technology and Samsung Electronics have been identified as the respective controller IC and single-level cell (SLC) NAND chip suppliers, the sources noted. Phison Electronics is the controller IC supplier for the current Eee PC, which supports MLC NAND using a PATA interface.
- What's that message at the top of the forums? We're upgrading in Site Announcements
- Poll: Should Windows 9/Threshold be X64 only? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Nato plans east European bases to counter Russian threat in Real World Issues
- Tax policy: Burger King in Talks to Buy Canadian Chain Tim Hortons in Domestic Politics
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Jagged text on front page? in Site & Forum Issues
- Resident Evil remaster screen comparisons in Gamers' Hangout
- Update: GOG - "Getting back to our roots" in Computer Gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.