Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 is getting updated today with several software enhancements that will help to stabilize the platform as well as improve the usability of some features. As we said last week, Microsoft would be bringing several updates to the platform and they have now been released and are ready for download.
This time around, there are a couple firmware updates that are supposed to improve battery life as well as improve the reliability of the Type Cover. You can check out all the updates in the list below:
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v.220.127.116.11) reducing power consumption, and enhancing system stability.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v. 18.104.22.168) enhancing battery life, and increasing efficiency and reliability in low power states.
- Surface Type Cover Firmware Update (v. 2.0.1021.0) improving trackpad reliability and system stability.
- Surface Accessory Device (v. 2.0.1012.0) helping the on-screen keyboard (OSK) appear and disappear at the correct times.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth (v. 15.68.3042.79) enhancing system stability, reducing power consumption in low power states, and improving some WiFi connection scenarios. Look for another WiFi update coming soon.
- We will also issue an update on Wednesday, July 16, to further improve Wi-Fi connection and throughput scenarios.
The updates are rolling out now but know that they are delivered in stages which means that you may not be able to see them yet. If you can't see them yet, make sure to manually refresh Windows Update to see if that triggers them to download.
We expect Microsoft to continue to push out firmware updates over the life of the Pro 3 and we will report back too when the company releases the Wi-Fi updates next week.