Microsoft has been rolling out retail stores across the United States for several years now. With a new CEO as the head of the company and significant changes to the company's strategy, Satya Nadella could have put the axe to the retail locations. But it doesn't appear so: Thanks to job postings, the next 13 locations in the US have been revealed, and will be opening up in the near future.
Retail stores are Microsoft's way of connecting directly with the consumer. Since they have complete control over the entire experience, unlike their store-in-a-store Best Buy locations, they can provide a unique shopping environment. The list does include two stores in Canada, but so far Microsoft has been quiet about when or if Microsoft stores will open up in other parts of the world.
The 13 upcoming stores are as listed below:
- Chinook Centre in Calgary, AB Canada
- The Streets at Southpoint in Durham, NC
- Westfield Topanga in Canoga Park, CA (opens September 21st)
- Baybrook Mall in Friendswood, TX
- SouthPark in Charlotte, NC
- Destiny USA in Syracuse, NY
- NorthPark Center in Dallas, TX
- Chandler Fashion Center in Chandler, AZ
- Lakeside Shopping Center in Metairie, LA
- Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, MD
- Los Cerritos Center in Cerritos, CA
- Toronto Eaton Centre in Toronto, ON Canada
- Woodland Hills Mall, Tulsa, OK
Microsoft did not provide any timeline on when these stores will open, but we can expect them to open up in the next few months. Additionally, every time Microsoft has opened a new store, they have thrown a huge party to celebrate, typically including a free concert with a well known artist.
Now that Microsoft is fully invested into hardware with the Surface and now mobile phones, these stores will serve as a critical component to educating consumers and allowing them to get hands-on time with the devices.
Via: Winbeta | Image Credit: Microsoft