Thanks to the mandatory Ethernet port on every HD DVD player, the first generation products (Toshiba player models HD-XA1, HD-A1 and HD-D1) can now be updated to firmware version 2.1. According to the release notes, the firmware update adds support for "certain anticipated network delivered content" in future HD DVD discs. Also addressed are issues where HDMI output does not work or works intermittently with HDTVs or monitors and improvements in playback to eliminate pixelization, block noise and audio dropouts. Several HD DVD players appear to be due for firmware updates given the recent breakout of compatibility problems. For example, Children of Men is giving HD DVD owners a headache, with reports of freezing or refusal to play, even after trying multiple, retail exchanged copies of the movie.
- Microsoft Starts Collecting User Data from Windows 7 and Windows 8 PCs in Back Page News
- Windows 10 - disable the low disk space warning? in Microsoft Insider Previews
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers Hangout
- Windows 10 Mobile Concept :) in Windows Mobile
- LG collaborates with REEDS to offer a limited edition $1200 "Watch Urbane Luxe" in Front Page News
- Microsoft upcoming flagships to feature Quick Charge 2.0 in Front Page News
- Server 2008 R2 RDP Password Issue in Server Support
- Deus Ex Pre-order Bollocks in Gamers Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.