Transmission is a BitTorrent client for the Mac and Linux operating systems. It is the most popular client on Mac OS X and the default BitTorrent client on many Unix and Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Mandriva, Fedora and OpenSuse. Although open source and technically cross-platform in nature, the developers of Transmission have not released a Windows version of the software yet.
Transmission-Qt Win is an unofficial Windows build of Transmission which features a simple interface on top of the cross-platform back-end. The interface and functions of the Windows port is identical to that found on the Mac and Linux counterpart. Transmission is a pretty advanced BitTorrent client with powerful features, most of these already available on uTorrent and similar software with the exception of blocking bad peers with a blacklist.
What's new in this version:
- Upstream release.
- See https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Changes#version-2.74
- New French translation (thanks to UBIK).
- Fixed using Unicode parameters (like the one used opening torrent files with foreign characters using Windows Explorer.
- Fixed resource definition & manifest (app was running in Vista compatibility mode on Windows 7).
- cfpp2p's feature added: pausing a magnet that was loaded to pause after metadata clears that setting. NOTE: for remote sessions you also need a patched daemon (patch available upon request).
- Changes to default appearance (less flat, more Windows like).
- Now using Qt 4.8.4, libevent 2.0.21, curl 7.28.1