UltraDefrag is powerful Open Source defragmentation tool for Windows. It's engine is very fast, because it is created as kernel-mode driver. They are three interfaces to them: graphical, console and native. First is very useful, because it use cluster map visualization. Console is good for task scheduler, and native tool – for advanced users and programmers. Design of the UltraDefrag is very ergonomic: no skins, no localization, no animation and so on. It’s true small and powerful program! It can be used on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Vista.
Features and restrictions:
- optimal algorithm
- support basic include/exclude filters
- exclude zero-length files and files that are placed in MFT
- full support of compressed files processing
- 'Compact' command optimize free space disposition
- generate useful html report
- don't support volumes with more than 4.294.967.295 clusters
- very fast defragmentation, because engine is kernel mode driver and has optimal algorithm.
- very small engine written in pure C language.
- nice graphical interface - compact and comfortable.
- all modules was internally completely redesigned
- full NTFS junctions (reparse points) support! many bugs are fixed
- documentation improved
- full optimization performed
- portable application simplified
- full WinDDK support for compilation
- gui improved with new list of volumes
- console program improved with new useful options
Screenshot: >> Click here <<
Link: Home Page