UltraDefrag is powerful Open Source defragmentation tool for Windows NT. It is very fast, because the defragmenting is done by kernel-mode driver. They are three interfaces to them: graphical, console and native. The GUI is very useful, because it represents your filesystem visually as a color coded cluster map. The console is another option for those that prefer the command line. It allows you to run UltraDefrag from the task scheduler and scripts.
- Progress is now added to the GUI window caption, so it is displayed in the tooltip of the taskbar icon.
- Cryptic single character progress label was replaced by the localized operation names.
- Partial defragmentation was added to decrease the number of fragments even when there is no free space on disk to concatenate all fragments of the file.
- Volume optimization algorithm was improved to prevent useless additional optimization passes.
- One little bug preventing optimization from being stopped was fixed.
- Volume optimization algorithm was improved to prevent skipping heavily fragmented parts of the volume.
Boot time interface:
- 10 seconds delay is skiped on boot time scan, if only one keyboard is present.
- Added language selector to the GUI package.
- Hindi translation was added.
The following translations were updated:
Croatian, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish