UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
- Boot Time Defragmentation: This feature provides an ability to defragment any system files. Including page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system or other applications when windows is fully running.
- Fast Disk Optimization: The optimizer rearranges all data and places them to the beginning of the drive. In many instances we have found, that the system is more stable and performs a lot better under load, if data is placed at the beginning of the drive.
- Single File and Folder Defragmentation: After UltraDefrag is installed you have the ability to select any file or folder and deframent it. This option is mostly useful, if you have recently installed an application or a game and would like to have it defragmented immediately for maximum performance.
- produce_html_report and produce_plain_text_report options were added to the udreportopts.lua file; now the program generates text reports only when they're enabled explicitly
- GUI was forced to open plain text reports in case of turned off HTML reports generation
- size of plain text reports was reduced by use of UTF-8 encoding instead of UTF-16
- one bug preventing language selection saving on installation was fixed
- menu icons were added for Vista and more recent Windows editions; they can be enabled/disabled through the show_menu_icons GUI option one bug in GUI cluster map draw was fixed
- few bugs in disk optimization algorithm were fixed
- UD_SIZELIMIT environment variable superseded by UD_FILE_SIZE_THRESHOLD, sizelimit GUI option superseded by file_size_threshold option
- environment variables expansion support was added to the boot time shell
- the following translations were added: Wáray-Wáray
- the following translations were updated: Iloko