Universal Extractor is a program do to exactly what it says: extract files from any type of archive, whether it's a simple zip file, an installation program, or even a Windows Installer (.msi) package. Universal Extractor is written in AutoIt, a powerful open source scripting language. Universal Extractor itself, however, is just a front-end that uses many other programs to do the dirty work. The full list of supported formats can be found here.
What's new in this version:
- Inno Setup Unpacker Version 0.38 (01/02/13)
- Added InstallDelete and UninstallDelete sections to reconstructed script.
- Added some more values to Setup section of reconstructed script.
- Several minor reconstructed script improvements.
- upx.exe version 3.09w (18.02.13)
- pea.exe Version 0.42 (03/28/13)
- TrIDDefs.TRD (5037 file types, 3/22/13)
- Fixed InstallShiled unpacking bug
Updated language files:
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (thanks igorruckert)
- Spanish (thanks ricktendo64 RyanVM.net)
- French (thanks Galaxyjam)
- Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) (thanks jasonliull)
- When you start from the context menu, and offer updates after the user response, UE now continues his work, and does not display the main program window.
- When you start from the context menu, and offer updates, after approval by the user and file updates UniExtract.exe, UE now restarted with previous command line, and continues to work, and does not display the main program window.
- Fixed adding \ read the new settings in the registry
- Small cosmetic changes to the interface
- Fixed an extract from msi using "Total Commander plug-in" (the error in the original source) *
- Fixed retrieval of chm and hlp by a new TrIDDefs (error in the original source) *
- Fixed extraction NSIS *
- Activate the option "Hide the console window" (support not yet complete) *
- When removing duplicates NSIS *
- Alteration MSIUnPack.vbs and script to extract without flashing window *
- Removal of unnecessary language files, partitions *
- Changes in the expansion:
- Optimization of the installer
- Icon on the program folder
* Will be available in version 1.7