VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
What's New in Current Version:
- Brand new decoder/packetizer api.
- Adds a lot more flexibility while also simplifying the decoder plugins.
- New encoder api (Ffmpeg, Vorbis, Theora, Flac and Speex encoders available).
- Video outputs are recycled if possible.
This removes any 'flicker' between two similiar video files.
- Fixed the video filters. Video should no longer go black when using filters.
- New input core. Advantages are: better seeking, more responsive, support for subtitle files at the core, and much much more.
- Added a repeat mode to repeat a single file over and over.
- Playlist sorting
See the whole list HERE
Download: VideoLAN 0.7.0 [4.88 MB]
Screenshot: >> Click here <<
News source: Free-Codecs.com