Just when beleaguered internet telephone company Vonage Holdings Corp. seemed to be off the hook, having resolved the nasty little tiff with Sprint several weeks earlier for a cool $80 million, disaster (probably too melodramatic a word, but, eh) strikes again in a similar form as before. Vonage disclosed today that it is being sued by AT&T Inc. for alleged patent infringement. In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the company said AT&T's lawsuit, filed Wednesday in a U.S. district court in Madison, Wis., pertains to a patent on a wide-area packet-telephony system. Vonage said it has been in discussions with AT&T to resolve the dispute, but it also said it can't guarantee the case won't go to trial.
- September 2014 Desktops in General Discussion
- Run script at boot as root to reset keyboard backlight in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Feedback on new design in Site & Forum Issues
- Tech Comics in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Nokia and collaborators to build 5G test network in Finland by early 2015 in Front Page News
- Have you updated OpenSSL? in Site & Forum Issues
- What is neowin.net and why is my computer sending HTTP POST messages to neowin.net/spy? in Introduce Yourself
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.