Just when beleaguered internet telephone company Vonage Holdings Corp. seemed to be off the hook, having resolved the nasty little tiff with Sprint several weeks earlier for a cool $80 million, disaster (probably too melodramatic a word, but, eh) strikes again in a similar form as before. Vonage disclosed today that it is being sued by AT&T Inc. for alleged patent infringement. In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the company said AT&T's lawsuit, filed Wednesday in a U.S. district court in Madison, Wis., pertains to a patent on a wide-area packet-telephony system. Vonage said it has been in discussions with AT&T to resolve the dispute, but it also said it can't guarantee the case won't go to trial.
- Faster hard drive ... in Hardware Hangout
- Girl, 9, kills Arizona shooting instructor with Uzi in accident in Real World News
- Scalemate Beta 1 - Out now in Software created by our members
- Windows XP 'Unofficial Service Pack 4' brings updates to Microsoft's obsolete OS in Front Page News
- printer madness with OS X clients in multi-OS environment in Internet, Network & Security
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- install a root CA on to iOS? in Internet, Network & Security
- Xbox One vs. PS4 vs. Wii U: Microsoft Still Trailing Behind in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.