Just when beleaguered internet telephone company Vonage Holdings Corp. seemed to be off the hook, having resolved the nasty little tiff with Sprint several weeks earlier for a cool $80 million, disaster (probably too melodramatic a word, but, eh) strikes again in a similar form as before. Vonage disclosed today that it is being sued by AT&T Inc. for alleged patent infringement. In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the company said AT&T's lawsuit, filed Wednesday in a U.S. district court in Madison, Wis., pertains to a patent on a wide-area packet-telephony system. Vonage said it has been in discussions with AT&T to resolve the dispute, but it also said it can't guarantee the case won't go to trial.
- Is the US national "debt" an illusion? in It's a Conspiracy!
- HTC quietly reveals the One E9+ with a 5.5-inch Quad HD display in Front Page News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones in Windows Phone
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Cities: Skylines in Computer Gaming
- Any countries that Tax Churches? in Real World Issues
- Windows won't install to SSD (SATA HDD is fine) on 8-year-old laptop in Hardware Hangout
- Windows XP nostalgia in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.