A rise in the number of Wii units dished out to retailers has lead to chocolate-like popularity of the console this Easter, with Nintendo telling GamesIndustry.biz it had sold more than 25,000 last week in the UK alone. Leaked Chart-Track figures showed that 17,000 PlayStation 3 units were shifted during the same period, while the figure for Xbox 360 stood at 11,000. A spokesperson for Chart-Track declined to comment on the data. According to a Nintendo spokesperson, "Last week was Wii's third biggest sales week since launch. Everything we are shipping, we are selling." The spokesperson conceded that the figure was boosted by the availability of more stock than usual last week, stating, "Sales in previous weeks weren't as strong as 25k. More units are shipped some weeks than others."
- How is this build? in Hardware Hangout
- Test your machine for Superfish style SSL interceptions in General Discussion
- March 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Help with hyperlinks on my pages, please? in Web Design / Programming
- Download Manager Advice / Setup in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Visual Studio VS Web Expressions vs Dreamweaver in Web Design / Programming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.