A rise in the number of Wii units dished out to retailers has lead to chocolate-like popularity of the console this Easter, with Nintendo telling GamesIndustry.biz it had sold more than 25,000 last week in the UK alone. Leaked Chart-Track figures showed that 17,000 PlayStation 3 units were shifted during the same period, while the figure for Xbox 360 stood at 11,000. A spokesperson for Chart-Track declined to comment on the data. According to a Nintendo spokesperson, "Last week was Wii's third biggest sales week since launch. Everything we are shipping, we are selling." The spokesperson conceded that the figure was boosted by the availability of more stock than usual last week, stating, "Sales in previous weeks weren't as strong as 25k. More units are shipped some weeks than others."
- July 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Man mocks alligators, jumps in water and is killed in Texas in Real World News
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- What does everyone think of the new Microsoft Edge? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- Just started new YouTube series; looking for feedback in General Discussion
- ShareX 10.0.0 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.