A rise in the number of Wii units dished out to retailers has lead to chocolate-like popularity of the console this Easter, with Nintendo telling GamesIndustry.biz it had sold more than 25,000 last week in the UK alone. Leaked Chart-Track figures showed that 17,000 PlayStation 3 units were shifted during the same period, while the figure for Xbox 360 stood at 11,000. A spokesperson for Chart-Track declined to comment on the data. According to a Nintendo spokesperson, "Last week was Wii's third biggest sales week since launch. Everything we are shipping, we are selling." The spokesperson conceded that the figure was boosted by the availability of more stock than usual last week, stating, "Sales in previous weeks weren't as strong as 25k. More units are shipped some weeks than others."
- My next smartphone will run… in Poll Station
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Which Nikon DSLR (<£500) do you recommend? in Digital Camera Lab
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015 in Gamers' Hangout
- Windows 8 gains market share as XP drops slightly in Front Page News
- Spider bite anyone? in General Discussion
- Themes incoming for PS4 2.0 and PSVita 3.30 in Sony Console
- Judge Effectively Decriminalizes Polygamy in Utah in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.