A rise in the number of Wii units dished out to retailers has lead to chocolate-like popularity of the console this Easter, with Nintendo telling GamesIndustry.biz it had sold more than 25,000 last week in the UK alone. Leaked Chart-Track figures showed that 17,000 PlayStation 3 units were shifted during the same period, while the figure for Xbox 360 stood at 11,000. A spokesperson for Chart-Track declined to comment on the data. According to a Nintendo spokesperson, "Last week was Wii's third biggest sales week since launch. Everything we are shipping, we are selling." The spokesperson conceded that the figure was boosted by the availability of more stock than usual last week, stating, "Sales in previous weeks weren't as strong as 25k. More units are shipped some weeks than others."
- GI.biz: Oculus' high PC specs are Sony's chance to shine in Sony Console
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Senior DHS Official Charged With Assaulting Juvenile Remains in Key Position in Real World Issues
- McCain Urges Military Strikes Against FIFA in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- 'Draw Muhammad' contest planned in Phoenix in Real World News
- Does Facebook Turn People Into Narcissists ? in General Discussion
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Releasing in Q1 2016 (Jan-Mar) in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.