Windows Firewall Control is a nifty little application which extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall and provides quick access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall. It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall from Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click:
High Filtering - All outgoing connections are blocked. This setting blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer.
Medium Filtering - Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only programs you allow can initiate outgoing connections.
Low Filtering - Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are allowed. You can block the programs you do not want to initiate outgoing connections.
No Filtering - Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.
- Intuitive and easy accessible interface in the system tray, next to the system clock.
- Full support with standard user accounts. Elevated privileges are required only at installation.
- Create temporary rules which are automatically deleted when they expire or on program restart.
- Disable the ability of other programs to add Windows Firewall rules.
- Multiple and easier ways of creating new rules in Windows Firewall.
- Integrated support of creating, modifying and deleting Window Firewall rules.
- Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall.
- Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
- Search for invalid rules with the possibility to delete them.
- Search for executable files through folders and create new rules in seconds.
- View recently blocked connections and create new rules from the logs: inbound and outbound.
- Choose if you want the program to start at user log on.
- Import, export and restore the firewall rules.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
- And many, many more. Just try it out.
Registered Users Features:
- Learning Mode which provides notifications for blocked outgoing connections.
- Lock the current state of the program and Windows Firewall with password.
- Reset a forgotten password used to lock the current state of the program.
What's new in this version:
- New: From the Connections Log window, the user can now change which connections should be logged by Windows Firewall: all, allowed, blocked, none.
- Fixed: The path of programs are not correct recognized in the notification dialog for files located on drives A:\ and B:\.
- Fixed: Modifying a rule from TCP or UDP protocols to another protocol fails if the original rule has local ports or remote ports defined.
- Fixed: The Rules Panel windows is closed when the Lock dialog is closed. This should happen only if the user locks the program. If the user clicks on the Cancel button then the Rules Panel should stay open.
- Improved: Removed the topmost flag for the Main Panel window. Now it will not be displayed anymore on top of other windows and will have the normal behavior.
- Improved: Starting the program at end of the installation/update is now optional.
- Improved: The user can now choose if the notification dialog should be displayed on top of other windows or to behave normally. There is a new checkbox in the Notifications tab for this purpose.