Microsoft has sent out e-mails regarding the closing of the Window Live Messenger 8.1 Beta that began September 7, 2006. The e-mail states that 3,009 beta testers submitted 1010 bugs and 456 suggestions as well as 6000 posts in the newsgroup. The final build number and final release date are currently unknown. There will be no prizes given out at the end of the beta because of budget limitations for this specific program. Although there are plans for another beta, it is unclear if "it will be a minor release (such as an 8.x ) or a major release (such as a 9.0)" and no date is available either. The plan is to invite current testers to the next managed beta. The beta newsgroup will be available for a couple of more weeks while the public newsgroup microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger will remain the primary location for discussing Windows Live Messenger.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- J.K. Rowling, Stephen Fry and other celebrities help find missing children via Twitter in Front Page News
- CamStudio Lite 184.108.40.2064 in Front Page News
- Windows XP computer keeps restarting in Hardware Hangout
- Home Server upgrade time in Hardware Hangout
- will Neowin update forum design? in General Discussion
- Glary Utilities 220.127.116.11 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.