Microsoft has sent out e-mails regarding the closing of the Window Live Messenger 8.1 Beta that began September 7, 2006. The e-mail states that 3,009 beta testers submitted 1010 bugs and 456 suggestions as well as 6000 posts in the newsgroup. The final build number and final release date are currently unknown. There will be no prizes given out at the end of the beta because of budget limitations for this specific program. Although there are plans for another beta, it is unclear if "it will be a minor release (such as an 8.x ) or a major release (such as a 9.0)" and no date is available either. The plan is to invite current testers to the next managed beta. The beta newsgroup will be available for a couple of more weeks while the public newsgroup microsoft.public.windows.live.messenger will remain the primary location for discussing Windows Live Messenger.
- 2 Years With Linux in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- EBOLA Outbreak in It's a Conspiracy!
- OS X Yosemite has convinced me, has it convinced you? in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Acer Iconia W-3-810 32-bit Win 8/8.1 in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Battle of the 5MP Selfie-Range Smartphones in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Boot Issues in Hardware Hangout
- How to Harden a VPS Windows Server in Server Support
- Journalistic Integrity in the gaming press is shot in It's a Conspiracy!