Windows Phone 7 made its public debut today in the US and Canada, following the rest of the world, who had their phones in hand on the 21st of October. Windows Phone 7 is Microsoft's attempt at re-entering the smartphone market after it was left behind with Windows Mobile a few years ago.
Neowin has extensive coverage on the platform, including reviews, comparisons as well as other Windows Phone 7 related news. Here's a few of the picks:
Windows Phone 7 Features:
- Windows Phone 7 VS Android - Part One: The Basics
- Windows Phone 7 VS Android - Part Two: Communication
- Windows Phone 7 VS Android - Part Three: Features Galore
- Feature Focus: Zune
- Feature Focus: Gaming
General WP7 News
- Microsoft Opens WP7 application submission for all
- Apps will be allowed to run under the lock screen, soon
- Windows Phone 7 to get custom ringtones
- Marketplace hits 1000 applications
- First Windows Phone 7 device sold in New Zealand
Windows Phone 7 is only in its early stages, but it's a hot product right now, with stock being short worldwide at launch. Over the next few weeks, as more devices get into consumers' hands, and more applications are availablt, the platform should start to gain a large momentum. To follow Neowin's coverage of Windows Phone 7, be sure to follow the tag, found here.